On Oct. 24-25, 2008, we held our first ever Black Alumni Reunion during NSU's Homecoming. This historical event served as the foundation for establishing the NSU Black Alumni Alliance, which was officially organized on Saturday, Oct. 24, 2009. We gained the support and interest of alumni from coast to coast, as well as the community at large. And, we are well under way with the development of programs that support our mission statement.
The NSU BAA strives to serve our local communities nationwide, connect with current NSU students of color, form lasting bonds with fellow alumni and provide a link between these alumni, students and the University. We invite you to join the NSU BAA and help us make a difference!
Membership in the Black Alumni Alliance includes:
All graduates of NSU;
Any person not a current undergraduate student who has completed at least one semester at the University and requests to be included on the Alumni mailing list;
Any person who received an honorary degree from NSU; and
Parents of current students, donor parents of alumni, as well as friends of the University, are invited to attend campus and organization functions.
- Promote recruitment and retention of minority students, faculty and staff;
- Facilitate financial assistance for currently enrolled minority students;
- Provide support for Culturally Diverse Student Organizations;
- Establish linkage with the Natchitoches Community, as well as Alumni at large, and
- Organize networking opportunities to forge relationships that support the educational and financial goals of NSU
Thank you for your interest in joining the NSU Black Alumni Alliance. Simply click ENROLL NOW or download the Membership Application here and mail it to 1409 Hollow Ridge Dr., Carrollton, TX 75007. Make all checks payable to NSU Black Alumni Alliance.
Welcome to the organization!